Total Pageviews

Thursday 3 July 2014

3 July 2014 - 海底捞 Hai Di Lao Hot Pot @ Clarke Quay

That morning I was a little upset when 'Emma' indirectly reminded me of Jx. 'Emma' said, "Whatever problems you have outside, say for example the guy you're upset about... whom I don't know... Have you ever thought of what he thinks? Perhaps he thinks you're not responsible... and you can only do one thing at a time... Maybe that's why he doesn't fancy you..."

I stuffed the entire bread in my mouth and chewed hard as I heard the aforementioned bold-italicized-underlined words. Didn't expect to hear such words from 'Emma'. I don't blame 'Emma'. It was meant to be one of those analogies 'Emma' is fond of giving which I at times heed such advice; of if it doesn't really apply, I will just take it as a grain of salt & not bear any grudges towards 'Emma'. However, I never expect that coming. Although I still bear no grudges nor am I upset with 'Emma', tears inevitably streamed from my eyes as I munched my bread. 'Emma' said, "Oh no... Sorry, I said the wrong thing... Sorry I really didn't mean to... Was just giving an example... You can do better."

Maybe those words were meant to be constructive criticisms? I'll take that. And if i really appear to be irresponsible I'll stand corrected and seek to improve myself. Maybe I really do not have any attractive qualities in terms of my personality that appeals to Jx. Nevertheless, I seek to improve myself everyday whilst living through my prime years. My evergreen agenda is to Live and Learn.

In the evening, I went with an old friend to 海底捞 Hai Di Lao Hot Pot @ Clarke Quay. Just a stone's throw away from where I work. What an experience! The wait was long - more than an hour. But that is beside the point. Whilst waiting, the restaurant provides free manicure service for waiting customers (for the ladies only I suppose). Back then when my fellow male colleague told me about it (3rd hand information from his friend), I thought he was just joking. Now I finally believe. I haven't heard of a restaurant that provides free manicure services. That's just another queue on top of the existing queue though. I left my name and number with the manicurist. By the time I finished my meal, the manicurist didn't contact me. Wasn't that lucky lol. There is also a playground for kids to pass time. I heard there is a karaoke room but I didn't check it out. We didn't order any noodles, but we enjoyed spectating the noodle-pulling performance by the chef whenever one table orders noodles. It looks like those scarf/ribbon Chinese dance. Overall, the food and service is good. The shabu shabu beef is fresh. The staff will de-shell the fresh prawns for us, leaving just the head to dunk into the boiling soup. Definitely worth trying! The food is definitely more appealing than what you see in the pictures. It's my archaic phone that fails to provide quality images.





海底捞 Hai Di Lao Hot Pot @ Clarke Quay
#02-04, Clarke Quay, 3D River Valley Road 

No comments:

Post a Comment