Total Pageviews

Monday 29 September 2014

Consensus ad idem: Exchanging Agnostic Views on 30th March 2014



What is Heaven?

What is heaven?
Who can provide its definition?
Can man ever find its entrance?
When one part with this word, who knows what will happen?
Can the parted soul listen?
To the living beings question?
That’s probably something beyond our explanation.

Who goes to Heaven?
A subject conveyed through various levels of interpretation.
Some say the good deserves its entrance.
Some say those who believe in a certain faith deserve its entrance.
What about those who have committed countless sins?
Will heaven be benevolent?
To allow entrance for sinners to make their repentance?
I believe repentance should be settled whilst living on earth.
If it’s only settled after death, who knows its worth?

Regardless of my faith in the holy trinity,
I remain within the realms of moral geography.
I’m glad we shared the same ideology.
Adhere to the importance of morality.
Hence I see the chemistry.
Perhaps I’m just thinking positively.
Having a heart that loves so tenderly,
Buoyed by kindness in perpetuity.
I can only pray for you to live blissfully.
I hope you’ll accept my apology.
I hope we will be friends eventually.




Consensus ad idem: Exchanging Agnostic Views on 30th March 2014

Dear Jx,

One of my favourite conversations with you was when we were talking about religion on 30th March 2014. It’s not because we both are free thinkers. I was glad that we share similar views on morality, faith and the belief in doing good. Not many people view things the same way. Some believe that only chosen ones get to go to heaven which is bound by the faith they choose. At times they believe that such ‘faith’ invalidates the kind-heart. Since young I’ve disagreed on such views. How can one have faith in God when one does things that God forbids? Faith is an action and not simply a word. Repentance does not come by just confessing to God and asking for forgiveness but truly changing. Hence, allowing wrong-doers possessing questionable faith to go to heaven and denying innocent and good people from heaven is a teaching that contradicts morality.

Therefore I truly agree with your statement, “Believe in doing good to ppl. Whether I am a believer or not doesn't make me less of a good person if I do good.” I also agree with your agnostic view to believe that there is a greater being beyond us when bad things happen so one can attribute it to causes beyond us. When I said that “I believe people who do good deserve to go to heaven and that if heaven only belongs to a certain cult I rather not be there”, you said that I’m like the female version of you. I am certainly happy to hear you say that. It’s good to know when both minds share a consensus ad idem. It’s hard to converse with someone who thinks otherwise, usually in a less philosophical sense, subconsciously lacking empathy. It is also hard to rationalise with people possessing such narrow-minded views.  Hence it’s good that we both have an open mind to the idea of going to heaven. What heaven is like and who should go to heaven should not be something for us to define. In my opinion, religion should promote morality and refraining people from wrongdoings. It should not be for people to form a cult amongst human beings who all bleed red.

From that conversation I was attracted to you. You have a great mind and it is an attractive quality to me. From there on, I was looking forward to meeting you in person. We did indeed carry on this conversation on our first date over dinner. I remembered telling you that when I was little, a moral education teacher taught me the chapter on Genesis in the Old Testament of the Holy Bible. God created the earth in three days. Mankind came a day after animals. I then asked her about dinosaurs and she told me that they were created by Satan. Didn’t we both laugh at it? Nevertheless she is a nice lady, which brought me to another point that it is hard to disagree with nice people.

I wish we could continue such conversations together. I certainly enjoy talking to you. I admire you for your intelligence and diligence; both qualities that make you an attractive person. I see the merits in you and define you on those grounds. I really missed talking to you. Every now and then I think of our conversations. Who knows what we’ll talk about next if we’re still in touch? Perhaps something that only heaven knows?  That’s if heaven really exists in the first place. I’d like to believe that it exists. It exists for the kind and good-hearted ones. I’d also like to believe that such people do exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment